Sulzer on social media
You’ve probably found your way to here to learn how we collect and use your data. We believe you should know how and why we process your data and what you can do if you don’t want this.
Besides our social channels, you can always reach us via communications [at] sulzer.com.
Your Sulzer Communications Team
What data do we process?
We collect and analyze non-personal data, such as aggregated information like the total number of times people engaged with a post on the Sulzer pages, the number of people who clicked on a particular link, the topics that people are posting about in a particular location, or reports about how many people saw or clicked on our ads.
Sulzer utilizes the statistical information relating to the use of the Sulzer pages that LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube make available via the “Insights / Analytics” functions. For example, we see our followers’ demographics, such as languages, gender and location. Further details on analytics of the social media platforms can be found below.
If you are registered with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, you can send a message to us via the “Message” function. Such messages are invisible to other Facebook, Instagram or Twitter users. We process the personal data contained in a message sent by you to Sulzer in order to respond to your inquiry, to analyze the number and nature of inquiries, in order to improve customer service as well as marketing and sales activities.
We are not aware how messages sent to Sulzer are analyzed, interpreted or otherwise processed by Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. In this regard, we refer you to the information in the section “Processing of data by Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube”.
Over and above the processing of personal data as set out in this section, Sulzer exercises no influence on the processing of personal data in connection with your use of the Sulzer LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube pages. You use the Sulzer pages and its function – in particular when using interactive functions such as commenting, sharing or rating – on your own responsibility and based on the terms and conditions of the relevant social media channel as the controller.
We’re using a third party social media management software designed to make the management of multiple social media profiles by multiple people more efficient and effective. The application allows publishing on multiple platforms, scheduling of posts, interacting with users more efficiently, gathering data about the Sulzer brand on social media and gathering key performance indicators to measure performance, in order to make informed strategic marketing decisions. It uses an API (programmable interface) to access the data provided by LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
Why do we process data?
We use the information we have (subject to choices you make) for the following reasons:
- Organic content: We use the information we have about you to improve our shared content.
- Ads and other sponsored content: We use the information we have about you – including information about your interests, actions and connections – to select and personalize ads, offers and other sponsored content that we show you.
- Communicate with you. We use the information we have to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our products, and let you know about our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
What rights do you have regarding the processing of your personal data?
The legal basis for such processing is Art. 6 I f) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Insofar as you wish to enter into a contractual relationship with Sulzer with your inquiry, the legal basis for such processing is Art. 6 I b) GDPR.
If the processing of personal data is based on the legitimate interests pursued by Sulzer or by a third party, you have the right to object to the processing of personal data concerning you at any time, including profiling based on those provisions.
Sulzer will no longer process the personal data unless Sulzer has compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of you, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Where we process personal data for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object to processing of personal data concerning you at any time. This includes profiling that is related to direct marketing. If you object, the personal data will no longer be processed for such purposes.
Processing of data by Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube
When you visit the Sulzer pages, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube (“the social platforms”) record details including your IP address and further information, which is directed to the social platforms via Cookies on your terminal device. Among other purposes, this information is used to supply Sulzer, as the operator of the Sulzer pages, with statistical information about the reach and engagement of the Sulzer pages.
The data relating to you that is gathered in this connection is processed by the social platforms and under certain circumstances supplied to countries outside the European Union. The social platforms set out what information they obtain and how this is used in their “Data Policies” which can be accessed via the links below.
Sulzer on Twitter
These are the official Sulzer Twitter channels:
Processing of data by Twitter
- Details on what data Twitter provides to page owners (Twitter Analytics): https://business.twitter.com/en/analytics.html
- Twitter’s Data Policy: https://twitter.com/en/privacy
Sulzer on Facebook
These are the official Sulzer Facebook pages:
Processing of data by Facebook
- Details on what data Facebook provides to page owners (Facebook Insights): https://www.facebook.com/help/pages/insights
- Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
- Information on how to control the ads you see: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
Sulzer on LinkedIn
These are the official Sulzer LinkedIn pages:
Processing of data by LinkedIn
- Details on what data LinkedIn provides to page owners (LinkedIn Analytics): https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy#collect / https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/81340
- LinkedIn’s Data Policy: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
- Information on how to control the ads you see: https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/62931/manageadvertising-preferences
Sulzer on Instagram
These are the official Sulzer Instagram pages:
Processing of data by Instagram
- Details on what data Instagram provides to page owners (Instagram Insights): https://help.instagram.com/519522125107875/?helpref=hc_fnav&bc=368390626577968&bc=285881641526716
- Instagram’s Data Policy: https://help.instagram.com/519522125107875/?helpref=hc_fnav&bc=368390626577968&bc=285881641526716
- Information on how to control the ads you see: https://help.instagram.com/615366948510230.
Sulzer on YouTube
These are the official Sulzer YouTube pages:
Processing of data by YouTube
- Details on what data YouTube provides to page owners (YouTube Analytics): https://policies.google.com/privacy#infocollect
- YouTube’s Data Policy: https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Information on how to control the ads you see: https://adssettings.google.com/
Sulzer Global Data Privacy Officer
Sulzer Management Ltd.
privacy [at] sulzer.com
Neuwiesenstrasse 15 8401 Winterthur, Switzerland
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is effective as of March 11, 2020. Sulzer reserves the right to amend, adjust, or suspend this Policy at any time. The amended, adjusted or suspended Policy will be posted on this page.