Generator rewinds to extend lifetime
For hydrogenerator maintenance, rewinding, and redesign, choose Sulzer. We can rewind stators up to 65 MVA, 13.8 kV and 7.6 m diameter; we also re-engineer replacement parts for lifetime extension. We are your best partner for the overhaul of your generator.
Our in-house coil manufacturing facility minimizes outage times and maximizes efficiency improvement. These gains are possible because our coils are designed, manufactured and tested in-house.
Services for hydrogenerators include:
- Site maintenance, overhauls and inspections
- Generator dismantling and reassembly
- Stator rewind
- Stator core supply and restack
- Supply of stator coil and winding kits
- Rotor winding (field) repair, reinsulation or replacement
- DC to AC exciter conversion with rotating diode assembly
- Controls, protection inspection, and upgrade
- Condition monitoring
- Generator redesign to improve efficiency or increase output
- Generator commissioning
- Inspection of structural components via Non-Destructive Testing (NDT)
- Supply of replacement air-water heat exchangers
- Refurbishment of white metal/babbitt bearings
We keep your plant running safely and reliably.