- Designed to deliver constant capacity with viscous fluids and shear thinning non-Newtonian fluids
- Selected drives and gearboxes with many low speed options are available, to reduce pump wear
- Compact for space saving, can be installed vertically or horizontally and run in either direction
- Competitively priced process pump with integral direct drive and gearbox, baseplate optional
- Sludge handling and transfer
- Municipal and Industrial effluent
- Shear sensitive processes
- Shear thinning slurries
Main design features
- Materials of construction, available in cast iron or stainless steel, with a choice of rotor and stator materials to suit individual applications e.g. hard chrome plated rotor or natural rubber stator.
- Robust drives, specially selected drives and gearboxes for longer life. Options include electric motor drive units supplied as overhead vee belt driven, direct-coupled or variable speed drives with mechanical variable speed or frequency inverter.
- Low running speeds, reduced wear for a longer working pump life which extends the periods between routine maintenance. Important in abrasive applications.
|Capacities||Up to 440 m3/h / 1,900 US gpm|
|Pressures||Up to 24 bar / 350 psi|
|Temperatures||-10 up to 100ºC / 14 up to 212ºF|
Anaerobic digestionAnaerobic digestion requires temperature equalization and the proper homogenization of the biomass. Floating crusts must be broken and the formation of foam must be prevented. Sulzer can provide an ideal homogenization solution for many common digester designs.
Chemical mixing - sludgeSometimes it is necessary to mix chemicals into the activated sludge before it enters the secondary sedimentation tank. For example, chemicals may be used to perform phosphorous removal on the effluent from the biological process. Many plants use chemicals to improve sludge thickening just prior to the sludge buffer tank.
Coating and finishingA wide selection of highly efficient and reliable pumps and agitators for your pigment handling and color coating processes.
Industrial water and effluent treatmentSulzer has a deep knowledge in wastewater treatment, and with our wide product portfolio we can now offer energy-efficient and reliable solutions for your water collection, neutralization, flocculation, sedimentation, cooling, aeration, sludge storage, digestion, and dewatering processes.
Sludge buffer tankThe sludge buffer tank can be used for a variety of purposes. The most common application is the blending and homogenization of highly concentrated primary, secondary or digested sludge. The solution used to mix the sludge itself, or to mix the sludge with the dosed thickening chemicals, depends on the design and volume of the sludge buffer tank. Sulzer submersible mixer types ABS XRW and RW, as well as the agitator type Scaba, can be used to provide highly efficient mixing. Positive displacement, progressing cavity transfer pumps are used for sludge feed to sludge dewatering process.
Sludge handling and transferSulzer pumps, mixers and agitators are used to transfer, blend and handle sludge. Our progressing cavity, positive displacement pump range, provide a near constant flow rate with suction lift capability, for handling all types of non-Newtonian sludge and cake processes, typically demanded within the wastewater treatment plant. Maintain in place features ensure any process downtime due to the change out of wear components is kept to a minimum.