Hot gas expanders
Improve the reliability of components
Our engineers are involved in every phase of the repair, providing upgraded designs in order to improve reliability and extend the life of components.
Typical general services include:
- Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) and dimensional inspection of all expander parts
- Complete assembly following repairs
Specific services include:
- Removal of rotor blades
- Unstacking of built-up rotors
- Material evaluation
- Repair and/or replacement of all component parts such as blades, vane segments, diaphragms, labyrinth seals, spacer sleeves, bearings, couplings trip and throttle components, valve racks, stems, linkages, and much more
Upgrading and reverse engineering
Sulzer can replace your rotors and upgrade them at the same time. We perform complete reverse engineering through modern stationary and portable coordinate measuring machines (CMM) combined with the latest modeling software.
We offer full machine shop capabilities, including:
- Advanced rotor restoration welding
- Computer Numerical Control (CNC) and conventional horizontal lathes
- Both horizontal and vertical boring mills
Other specific services include:
- Coatings applied to hot gas path components for erosion and corrosion protection
- Stellite shield removal and installation
- Restoration of expander components through a variety of welding/machining and coating techniques
We can also perform individual component part balancing and moment weighing/charting prior to full rotor balancing, at either low or full operational speed. We complete the restoration process in our shop by assembling the rotor and then reassembling the entire machine.
Sulzer also offers field services to return your machines to operation at your plant.