- For low flow dosing applications, with continuous capacity demands
- Gentle pumping action, minimises shear and crush damage to the pumped product
- Dosing pump parts are interchangeable with the PC transfer range, with stock standardization benefits
- An enhanced coupling rod design, gives higher pressure capabilities, up to 72 Bar
PC dosing pump
Sludge lubrication: low flow and high-capacity pumps
In sludge dewatering and thickening, barrier layer injection and conditioning agents are added to the delivery pipework for lubrication, to reduce friction losses and system operating pressure. Our products are used in low flow dosing applications where flow capacity needs to be maintained.
- Sludge dewatering and thickening (barrier layer injection and conditioning agents)
- Controlled flocculent pumping
- General industry and chemical processing
Main design features
- Manufactured with wetted parts in stainless steel (except the body, coupling rod and suction chamber). The suction chamber is made from HDPE with the end cover and mechanical seal housing is in PVDF.
- Robust drives, specially selected drives and gearboxes for longer life. Options include electric motor drive units supplied as direct-coupled or variable speed drives with mechanical variable speed or frequency inverter.
|Capacities||5 to 1,250 l/h / 0.02 to 5.50 US gpm|
|Pressures||Up to 72 bar / 1,044 psi|
|Temperatures||Up to 120ºC / 248ºF (St. Steel version)|
Chemical mixing - sludgeSometimes it is necessary to mix chemicals into the activated sludge before it enters the secondary sedimentation tank. For example, chemicals may be used to perform phosphorous removal on the effluent from the biological process. Many plants use chemicals to improve sludge thickening just prior to the sludge buffer tank.
Sludge buffer tankThe sludge buffer tank can be used for a variety of purposes. The most common application is the blending and homogenization of highly concentrated primary, secondary or digested sludge. The solution used to mix the sludge itself, or to mix the sludge with the dosed thickening chemicals, depends on the design and volume of the sludge buffer tank. Submersible mixer types ABS XRW and RW, as well as the agitator type Scaba, can be used to provide highly efficient mixing. Positive displacement, progressing cavity transfer pumps and Muffin Monster™ grinders are used for solids reduction and sludge transfer from sludge feed to sludge dewatering process.