- A large auger inlet and screw conveyor to deliver consistent pumping and push the cake to pump
- Saves time with a maintain in place option available, easy to disassemble, no need to disconnect the pipework
- Feed chamber easily disconnects allowing access for removal of the rotor and screw conveyor assembly
- Designed for use in sludge plants, where high reliability is essential and downtime is kept to a minimum
PC cake pump
Keep sludge cake moving with our high performing pumps
Available as standard or maintain in place, the cake pump is designed with a wide throat inlet for transfer and handling of thickened and blended sludge. Capable to transfer viscous sludge cakes, slurries, thick non-flowing pastes and specifically dewatered sludge cake > 30% dry solids concentration.
- Heavy sludge cake transfer (>30% Dry Solids Concentration)
- Dewatered and thickened sludge transfer
- Sludge blending
- Imported and organic waste sludge transfer
- Industrial process sludge's with high % Dry Solids Concentration
Main design features
- A large auger inlet and screw conveyor. The screw conveyor extends to the compression area to push the sludge cake into the rotor and stator to provide consistent pumping.
- Maintain in place version has a specially designed feed chamber, easily disconnected allowing access to the rotor and screw conveyor assembly, allowing removal of the rotor and stator, without disconnecting suction and delivery pipework.
- Materials of construction, available in cast iron or stainless steel, with a choice of rotor and stator material and options for hoppers and bridge breakers.
- Robust drives, specially selected drives and gearboxes for longer life. Options include electric motor drive units supplied as direct-coupled or variable speed drives with mechanical variable speed or frequency inverter.
- Low running speeds, reduced wear for a longer working pump life which extends the periods between routine maintenance. Important in heavy cake applications.
|Capacities||Up to 49 m3/h / 215 US gpm|
|Pressures||Up to 24 bar / 350 psi|
|Temperatures||-10 up to 100ºC / 14 up to 212ºF|
Sludge handling and transferSulzer pumps, mixers, grinders and agitators are used to condition, transfer, blend and handle sludge. Our progressing cavity, positive displacement pump range, provide a near constant flow rate with suction lift capability, for handling all types of non-Newtonian sludge and cake processes, typically demanded within the wastewater treatment plant. Maintain in place features ensure any process downtime due to the change out of wear components is kept to a minimum. The Muffin Monster™ grinders protect the equipment downstream. The sludge conditioned by grinders will not clog valves, heat exchangers, digesters, centrifuges and other equipment on the sludge line.