We have experts in generator repair and remanufacturing at our locations around the globe. Our capability and experience cover machines of all sizes, providing rotor rewinds from the smallest anywhere from 2 to 48 poles up to 500 MVA.
We can use condition monitoring to support the life cycle management of your generator. Our in-house coil manufacturing facility minimizes outage times and maximizes generator efficiency and on older units, we can perform an upgrade with the latest insulation systems to enable more flexible operation.These gains are possible because our coils are designed, manufactured and tested in-house.
Our overspeed balance and testing facility ensures the machines we repair will run reliably after overhaul. Operators can have confidence in generator performance.
Services for generators include:
- Site maintenance, overhauls and inspections
- Generator dismantling, inspection, and reassembly
- Stator winding, repair, reinsulation, or replacement, either in our workshops or on site
- Supply of stator coil and winding kits
- Rotor winding, repair, reinsulation, or replacement, either in our workshops or in the field
- Controls, protection inspection, and upgrade
- End bell and wedge inspection
- Condition monitoring
- Generator redesign to improve efficiency or increase output
- Generator commissioning
- Inspection of structural components via Non-Destructive Testing (NDT)
- Refurbishment of white metal/babbitt bearings
- Overspeed balancing and testing
We work with you to find the best possible service solution for your generator.
Field services include:
- On-site generator evaluation
- Turnkey dismantling—rewinding—assembly
- Dry ice cleaning and alternative cleaning processes
We repair generators from all manufacturers, with anywhere from 2 to 48 poles, and with power output levels from 500 kilowatts to 400 megawatts.
Our quality assurance and diagnostic tests utilize the following:
- Advanced winding analyzer
- Power factor
- AC/DC hi-pot
- Core loss
- Flux core loop
- Infrared imaging
- El Cid
- Resistance Surge Oscilloscope (RSO)
- Flux probe
We also offer:
- Controlled Vacuum Pressure Impregnation (VPI) for certain stator windings
- Dynamic balancing for quality-grade G1.0 specifications
- Operational speed balancing in our own facilities
- Engineering services to confirm your existing coil design, or to redesign winding systems in order to improve performance and increase power production
Sulzer in Birmingham, UK operates premier, high-voltage coil manufacturing plants including wire mills and ISO 9002 registration. They can produce top-quality copper wire of any size.