- High pump efficiency
- Modern fabricated suction bell and bowl casing incorporating swirl break for stable pump performance curve
- Semi-open or closed cast impeller design for best fit and optimum efficiency
- Segmented elbow to optimize pump efficiency
- Optional full pull-out construction to reduce lifting crane capacity and ease maintenance
SJT/SJM CWP pump is specifically designed as circulating water pump for the following fields:
- Cooling water pump in utility thermal, nuclear, gas-fired combined-cycle power plants and industrial power stations
- Water supply
- Flood control and drainage
- General water service
- Cooling water pump for refining and seawater intake pump for open rack vaporizers in LNG regasification terminals
1. Modern fabricated suction bell and bowl casing
- Incorporating flow straightener for stable pump performance curve
- Tailor-made bowl diameter to optimize pump selection and efficiency
2. Modern semi-open or enclosed cast impeller design
Best hydraulic fitting and optimum efficiency. Fabricated impeller construction optional
3. Individually sized pump shaft
- Sized for maximum torque. Shaft protection sleeves included as standard
- Line shaft connected by split ring, key and sleeve couplings to ease maintenanc
4. Fabricated column assembly and discharge head
- Column assemblies have integral spider to improve stiffness
- Segmented elbow to optimize the pump efficiency
- Above- or below-ground discharge to fit the site requirements
5. Product lubricated radial bearings
- Cutless rubber (phenolic backed) bearing bushings as standard in bowl/lineshaft, other material options are also available
- Two bearings bushings included in the bowl for increased rotor stability
6. Packing shaft seal
Reliable sealing and simple maintenance
7. Thrust bearing
Thrust bearing can be provided either in the pump or within the motor
8. Optional full pull-out construction
- Reduces the crane lifting capacity required
- Significantly improves the maintenance turnaround time
|50 Hz||60 Hz|
|Impeller diameter||Up to 1,920 mm||Up to 76 in.|
|Capacities||Up to 90,000 m3/h||Up to 396,000 US gpm|
|Heads||Up to 60 m||Up to 200 ft.|
|Pressures||Up to 8.6 bar||Up to 125 psi|
|Temperatures||Up to 50oC||Up to 122oF|
|Casings||Fabricated carbon steel, austenitic steel, duplex or super duplex|
|Impellers||Chrome steel, austenitic steel, duplex or super duplex|
|Shaft||Chrome steel, austenitic steel, duplex or super duplex|
|Column and discharge head||Fabricated carbon steel, austenitic steel, duplex or super duplex|
Thrust bearing assembly
- Built to handle all of the downthrust produced by the pump and as much momentary upthrust that may occur
- Flexible coupling with spacer allows servicing the thrust bearing and mechanical seal as needed
- One-piece fabricated motor stand housing bolted down over the discharge to protect the bearing and support the motor
Optional features include sandstorm protection, special means for cooling and a constant-level oil lubricator.
Below-ground discharge head
- Comes with a segmented elbow designed to optimize pump efficiency
- Elbows are fabricated in various materials to meet many application requirements
- Discharge nozzle can be either plain-end or flanged
- Motor stand mounted above-ground and designed to support the weight
Cooling water pump (CWP) for gas-firedCooling water pumps (CWP) provide the fresh water to cool the exhaust steam in the condenser and pump it back to the wet cooling tower or the outlet of open cooling system. The major characteristic of the CWP is their high flow. In medium to large size gas-fired combined-cycle power plants, the CWP are vertical column type. In small power plants, the CWP could also be horizontal axially split type.
Cooling water pump for coal- and oil-firedCooling water pumps (CWP) provide fresh water to cool the exhaust steam in the condenser and pump it back to the wet cooling tower or the outlet of open cooling system. The major characteristic of the CWP is their high flow. In medium to large size coal- and oil-fired power plants, the CWP are vertical column type. In small coal and oil captive power plants, the CWP could also be horizontal axially split type.
Power plantsSulzer’s extensive product portfolio to maximize the performance and reliability of your solid organic fuel biomass power plant, solid industrial or municipal waste fuel biomass power plant, and liquid or gaseous organic fuel biomass power plant processes.
Seawater liftSea chest, lineshaft or electric submersible pumps. Whatever your seawater lift needs, Sulzer has a solution.
12 million benefit from ambitious water pumping projectJune 24, 2020In Brazil, the government has been looking to bring relief to a semi-arid area in the northeast of the country that is home to 12 million people. Sulzer designed and manufactured six of the largest pumps in the project, to transfer water from the São Francisco River to the drought-affected area.
Case studiesWherever fluids are pumped, mixed, controlled or applied, we are there. See how our solutions create value for customers and learn how we can make your pumping and mixing processes more efficient and profitable, safeguarding your production and ensuring lasting reliability.
Cooling water turnkey system for EDF's CCGT power plantEDF Energy’s combined-cycle gas turbine (CCGT) power plant at Bouchain in Northern France has already earned a place in the record books. Sulzer was contracted to deliver the design and manufacture two large cooling water pumps at Bouchain power plant. The scope of Sulzer's working including the desing of the suction take.
One supplier for all pump applicationsSulzer has been developing, designing, building and supporting pumps for power station applications for decades. The company’s pumps are used in almost every type of power plant, including nuclear, solar, gas-fired and biomass facilities. As such, it is the preferred supplier for some of the world’s largest and most demanding projects. Take the example of a major new project recently completed in Europe.