- Axial-Flow Pumps equipped with Premium Efficiency IE3 motors ranging from 7.5 to 500 kW for 50Hz.
- Axial-Flow Pumps equipped with Premium Efficiency IE3 motors ranging from 23 to 628 hp for 60Hz
- Pumps available with motor power up to 500kW / 50 Hz and 628 hp / 60 Hz can optionally be equipped with planetary gear boxes
- Equipped with highly efficient three- to five-blade open type mixed-flow impellers
- Mixed-flow impellers with Low-NPSH design
- Designed for direct installation in the discharge pipe or in the concrete risers to save space and reduce installation costs, using the well-proven coupling ring
- Improved energy savings
- Long-term reliability
Submersible mixed flow column pump type ABS AFLX
Pumping large volumes up to moderate heads
The submersible mixed-flow column pump type ABS AFLX equipped with an IE3 motor is designed for use where large volumes of process water or wastewater containing solid effluent must be pumped up to moderate heads. Premium Efficiency motors combined with efficient three- to five-blade mixed-flow impellers with low NPSH characteristic impeller design, ensure high reliability and efficiency.
- Storm water
- Land drainage
- Flood protection
- Wastewater from commercial and industrial sources
- Sewage containing solids
Main design features
- Premium Efficiency IE3 motors in acc. with IEC60034-30
- Class H (140°C / 284°F) insulation
- NEMA class A up to 110 kW / 168 HP, above NEMA class B
- Double silicon mechanical seal
- Seal protection against spinning fibers
- 100 000 hours bearing life
- Sealed cable connection chamber with two stage cable entry
- Lifting hoop (stainless steel as option)
- Condition monitoring (temperature, water ingress, option: vibration monitoring)
- Explosion-proof version as option (ATEX, FM or CSA)
- Planetary gearboxes, driven by four-pole motors, deliver higher efficiency and lower weight compared to high-pole motors
|Discharge sizes||DN 600 to DN 1200|
|Pipe diameters||600 to 1,200 mm (50 Hz) / 600 to 1,200 mm (23 to 48 in) (60 Hz)|
|Capacities||up to 3,100 l/s (50 Hz) / up to 3,100 l/s (up to 49,000 USgpm) (60 Hz)|
|Heads||up to 35 m (50 Hz) / up to 33 m (108 ft) (60 Hz)|
|Motor power||7.5 to 500 kW (50 Hz) / 14 to 468 kW (19 to 628 hp) (60 Hz)|
Sulzer delivers pumps for the largest water construction project in EuropeAs part of the reconstruction of the Emscher river and its tributaries, a multistory underground facility is being built in Gelsenkirchen at the river Hüller Bach. This project comprises three reservoirs, two rainwater treatment plants and three pumping stations. The excavation has a diameter of around 33 meters. Numerous and sometimes very large pumps are needed because of the large quantities of water. Sulzer delivered the submersible pumps for the plant that is expected to be operational in 2020.
Optimizing efficiency of Spanish irrigation projectIncreasing the volume of water available to an irrigation channel in Northeast Spain was necessary for local agriculture, especially during the dry summer season. The desired outcome of this expansion project was to successfully commission the reservoir of San Salvador with energy consumption kept to a minimum.
Extensive irrigation project in San Salvador in SpainThe objective of the reservoir of San Salvador, in the province of Huesca, northeast Spain, is serving the demands of 22’400 hectares and improving the irrigation system of the Canal of Aragón and Catalonia from the previous annual volume of 5.3 km³ up to 6.8 km³.
Case studiesWherever fluids are pumped, mixed, controlled or applied, we are there. See how our solutions create value for customers and learn how we can make your pumping and mixing processes more efficient and profitable, safeguarding your production and ensuring lasting reliability.
Flood controlClimate change is challenging natural disaster prevention. When water runs off the land in large quantities, Sulzer’s comprehensive range of pumps provide reliable, cost effective and efficient solutions for flood control.
Industrial water and effluent treatmentSulzer has a deep knowledge in wastewater treatment, and with our wide product portfolio we can now offer energy-efficient and reliable solutions for your water collection, neutralization, flocculation, sedimentation, cooling, aeration, sludge storage, digestion, and dewatering processes.
Outlet pumping stationsOutlet pumping stations are required when the level of the treatment plant is lower than that of the receiving water. This is especially true when discharging into a river, which can rise during heavy rain or flood periods, or into the sea, where the level varies with the tide. Outlet pumping stations may also be needed to compensate for increasing frictional losses in the outgoing pipe at high flows, for example in long sea outfall pipes.
Return of activated sludgeOutlet pumping stations are required when the level of the treatment plant is lower than that of the receiving water. This is especially true when discharging into a river, which can rise during heavy rain or flood periods, or into the sea, where the level varies with the tide.
Storm water pumping stationDuring heavy rainfall, storm water pumping stations deliver large volumes of water at low head to receiving surface waters or sewers. Having long been a part of flood management, they are increasingly involved in climate adaptation strategies for low-lying coastal cities.