- Optimum technical solution due to a tailor-made design for each application
- Wide range of proven hydraulics allows high efficiency and suction performance
- Sturdy design with generous safety margins for long life of reliable service with minimum maintenance
- Proven experience backed by extensive list of references
- Technical support provided to our customers from the early phases of the project design, allowing sound and cost-effective solutions for each application
- Water transport
- Pumped hydro storage
- Transport of crude oil
- Any other high flow, high head application
Main design features
- Single or multi-stage impeller arrangements and a wide choice of proven hydraulics
- Fully engineered, tailor-made design in 3 D CAD and casing integrity checked by finite elements analysis
- Horizontal suction and discharge nozzles are positioned in the lower casing, and although horizontal nozzles are standard, other nozzle positions are available as required to fit the pipe layout
- Wide range of materials available to meet customer requirements
|Capacities||1,000 to 20,000 m3/h / 4,400 to 88,000 US gpm|
|Heads||Up to 700 m / 2,300 ft|
|Pressures||Up to 175 bar / 2,500 psi|
|Temperatures||Up to 70ºC / 160ºF|
|Discharge sizes||250 to 1,600 mm / 10 to 64 inches|
Crude oil pipeline mountainous terrainIn remote areas, there may not be power available, or, terrain may be so steep that all the pressure rise has to be made in 1 station. Each pump must make the entire head. Pumps are often run in parallel. Hundreds of Sulzer multistage pump performances meet such high pressure requirements.
Crude oil pipeline onshore flat terrainPower cost is the largest operating cost for crude oil pipelines on flat terrain. Flow rate, viscosity, pipe size, and station spacing all affect pump selection. 2 or 3 mainline pumps are often run in series. Sulzer can help with FEED assistance, rerates to optimize performance and lower power costs.
Product water transferAfter post treatment, product water is pumped to the storage tanks or into the water distribution networks.
Water transportationWater transport pumps are pumping large volumes of water over mostly long distances and high geodetic heights to geographical areas or industries where it is required for different purposes. We offer various configurations according to your needs.
Sulzer brings water to the Sahara desertThe Algerian Ministry of Water Resources took up a project to create a reliable supply of water to the city and area of Tamanrasset in the Sahara Desert. This water supply is important to the region as the 740 km (660 miles) pipeline and six pump stations are expected to encourage development of an urban city with agricultural perimeters.
Five giant Sulzer pumps supply two million people with clean water in São PauloAugust 26, 2020Since 2018, the Brazilian water utility Sabesp has been running in commercial operation the new São Lourenço water supply system, which delivers up to 6’400 liters of drinking water per second to the residents of seven municipalities in the São Paulo metropolitan region. Five of the largest Sulzer pumps ever installed in the country are a key element of the project, which is designed to meet the water needs of the region’s rapidly growing population.