- Pioneer-long and trusted experience in the pulp, paper and board and other industrial segments
- Unique and patented design features minimize life-cycle costs
- Safe operation and easy maintenance and service
- The installation of an MCE pump with an internal or external degassing system guarantees high MC pump performance even in most challenging process conditions
- Innovative Fluider™ technology ensures effective degassing and gentle fiber treatment
MCE™ medium-consistency pumping systems
The most advanced technology for medium-consistency pumping
MCE™ medium-consistency centrifugal pumps are used for demanding medium-consistency pulp applications up to 18% consistency to ensure process reliability, high efficiency, and low operating costs.
- MCE™ centrifugal pumps are suitable for the most demanding process applications to pump medium-consistency fibrous slurries
- up to 18%
- slurries containing large solids
- fibrous slurries with high gas content
- All pulp, paper and board medium-consistency applications
- For related biomass and biofuel applications
Main design features
- Reliable, high-efficiency hydraulics with the innovative Fluider™ technology
- Wide variety of material options for different applications
- Innovative shaft sealing solutions for reliable operation and reduced costs
- Reliable degassing units
- Reliable and heavy-duty bearing unit with a variety of different lubrication options
- Modular design minimize the spare part inventory costs
|Up to 940 l/s / 14'900 US gpm.
|Up to 250 m / 820 ft.
|25 bar / 360 psi
|180 °C / 355 °F
|50-400 mm / 2-16 in
|Maximum speed of rotation
|3 600 rpm
|MCE™ medium-consistency centrifugal pumps have excellent hydraulic coverage to satisfy the most demanding requirements of industrial applications.
Chemical pulp fiber lineProven pumping, mixing and agitation solutions for your cooking, washing, screening, oxygen delignification, bleaching, and storage processes to ensure process reliability, high efficiency, and low operating costs.
Mechanical pulp lineSulzer’s ideal product portfolio for challenging pumping, agitation, and mixing operations in refining, grinding, CTMP, screening, reject handling, and bleaching processes.
Sulzer launches the world’s biggest medium-consistency pumpNovember 30, 2021Sulzer announces the launch of the world’s biggest medium-consistency pump, the MCE93-400. The new MCETM pump size is Sulzer’s answer to the customers’ demand for bigger production rates in pulp mills.
Sulzer to supply pumps and mixers to the new bioproduct mill in Kemi, FinlandMarch 24, 2021Metsä Fibre, part of the Finnish forest industry company Metsä Group, and Sulzer Pumps Finland have signed an agreement for the supply of process pumps, medium-consistency pumps and mixers for the main processes of the bioproduct mill that will be built in Kemi. The delivery will include several hundred devices.
Spare partsOriginal spare parts machined to the correct tolerances and clearances give a perfect fit first time, every time. Our commitment to continuous improvement often allows us to supply parts with improved features, thus enhancing performance, extending equipment life, while reducing maintenance costs.
The right technology benefits a pulp millOxygen reactor feed MC pump improves O2 delignification. The efficiency of the oxygen stage was significantly increased by upgrading a client’s pump with Sulzer’s oxygen reactor feed MC pump. Massive savings were achieved at a pulp mill in both chemical usage and power consumption while minimizing downtime.
Trusted partner for new wood-based processesSulzer is a company with long and solid experience and proven expertise in several important customer segments. Pulp, board and paper processes and applications as well as new ones based on wood raw materials represent high-priority commitment and partnership areas for the business and product development organization. Read the whole article.
Sulzer cooperates with Metsä Group’s bioproduct mills in Kemi and ÄänekoskiSulzer has thorough experience and a proven track record of reliable and energy-efficient pumping and mixing solutions and is the key equipment supplier for many recent pulp, paper and board mill projects globally. Also new applications and new technologies based on wood raw materials represent high-priority partnership areas. This development goes hand in hand with the company’s systematical aim to reduce its own environmental footprint. Read the whole article.
Case studiesWherever fluids are pumped, mixed, controlled or applied, we are there. See how our solutions create value for customers and learn how we can make your pumping and mixing processes more efficient and profitable, safeguarding your production and ensuring lasting reliability.