Dr. Suzanne Thoma was elected as member of Sulzer’s Board of Directors in 2021. She is Chief Executive Officer of BKW AG, Berne, Switzerland. Prior to being appointed CEO of BKW in 2013, she was a member of the Group Executive Committee of BKW, responsible for the Networks division. Before that, she was head of the Automotive division of the WICOR Group, Rapperswil-Jona, Switzerland, and CEO of Rolic Technologies Ltd., Allschwil, Switzerland. Suzanne Thoma also served in various management roles and countries at Ciba Specialty Chemicals Ltd. (now BASF).
- Member of the Board of Directors of OC Oerlikon
- Vice President of the foundation “Avenir Suisse”
- Ph.D. in Technical Sciences, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- Master of Science degree in Chemical Engineering, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- Bachelor of Business Administration degree, Graduate School of Business Administration (GSBA), Zurich, Switzerland