Locomotive propulsion equipment
On-time delivery when and where you need it
In addition to full refurbishments and redesign of mechanical components, we also provide on-site support when you need it.
Sulzer upgrades and retrofits to the highest standards all your obsolete equipment such as:
- Motor/alternator sets
- AVR (Automatic Voltage Regulator) control equipment
We can replace obsolete parts by reengineering from samples, and we support many different manufacturers.
Servicing multiple types and brands
- Electrical multiple units (EMUs) such as Class 8 and 9; 20s; 30s; 40s; 50s; 60s; 70s; 80s and 90s through to Class 300; 400; 500 locomotives
- Motors such as WT380; EE546; TM2141; EE507; G31OAZ; G312; G412; G321; etc.
- Overhauling of traction motors such as GE 761, A19 & A20, D77/78-B, Hitachi D29, etc.
- Manufacturing of new armatures - GE 761, D77/78-B, Hitachi D29, etc.
We repair safety-critical items and serve OEMs, franchisees, and train operating companies.
In our test facilities we can execute load tests as well as light running of all machines repaired in our workshops.
Sulzer re-manufactures traction motors and components to a high standard in our worldwide facilities. We implement certified Management Systems at our locations, according to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001, as an effective method of sustaining the continuous improvement of processes and products.