- Lowest energy consumption
- Compact, water pressure-tight design
- Provides high thrust and high flow capacity
- Self-cleaning propellers provides vibration-free operation
- Increased performance variations with an extended and wide duty range
- Superior reliability and long operating life
- Providing a flow pattern in large tanks and open waters for mixing and stirring
- Wastewater treatment plants and industrial applications
Main design features
- Designed for high reliability in challenging mixing applications
- Award-winning, patented high-efficiency propeller that offers up to 20% efficiency improvement over standard designs
- Patented concrete pedestal, designed to efficiently absorb vibration and improve reliability
- Fully-lockable patented coupling system allows easy lifting or lowering for inspection even when tanks are full
- Smart features such as seal monitoring inform preventative maintenance decisions
- Premium efficiency motors provide exceptional performance for gentle circulation as well as mixing of fluids in wastewater treatment plants and industrial applications
|Maximum mixing flow||6.2 m³/s (95,200 US gpm)|
|Maximum propeller diameter||2,750 mm (9 ft)|
- This slow-speed submersible unit is available with integral IE3 Premium Efficiency motors ranging from 1.0 to 7.5 kW (7.4 to 10.1 hp) for gentle circulation and mixing of fluids in wastewater treatment plants and industrial applications.
- Propellers for the XSB are designed for easy transport and installation. Most models are mounted complete, while the larger 3-blade models have a special design that allows them to be attached blade-by-blade. This facilitates transport and eliminates the need for special tools.
- The unit is connected to a concrete pedestal by an innovative coupling system which allows the unit to be raised and lowered for inspection even in filled tanks. The pedestal absorbs all dangerous vibrations, thus giving a long service life both for the machine and the installation.
Biological processThe target of the biological process in wastewater treatment is to remove organic, biodegradable substances via the metabolism of microorganisms and related biochemical processes.
EqualizationThe task of mixing in the equalization process is to blend the wastewater in order to prevent sedimentation, stratification and odor formation. It may also be necessary to mix and homogenize wastewater streams that arrive from different sources. Because the water level in the equalization tanks varies significantly and can sometimes be very low, high demands are placed upon the mixers.
SelectorThe purpose of the selector tank is to control and limit the growth of filamentous bacteria, and then to enhance the sedimentation ability of the sludge. Sulzer provides a number of solutions for creating optimal conditions in the selector.
Tertiary treatmentTreated wastewater may occasionally require further treatment. Local discharge rules may pose strict limits that cannot be fulfilled by even the most effective process, or a higher quality of effluent may be requested for its reuse. When tertiary treatment is needed, various levels of filtration can be applied, including very fine filtration. Often, however, a final step of mixing and aeration is sufficient to achieve the target. When this is the case, Sulzer's submersible mixer types ABS XRW and RW can be used, along with submersible aerator type ABS TA–TAK and disc diffuser system types ABS PIK, DS and Sucoflow.