- Propeller Pumps equipped with Premium Efficiency IE3 motors ranging from 9 to 650 kW for 50Hz.
- Propeller Pumps equipped with Premium Efficiency IE3 motors ranging from 19 to 1005 hp for 60Hz.
- Pumps available with motor power up to 650kW / 50 Hz and 1005 hp / 60 Hz can optionally be equipped with planetary gear boxes.
- Equipped with highly efficient three-or four-blade propellers with excellent NPSH values
- Propellers available with adjustable blades and special skew shaped propellers for return activated sludge
- Ideal for applications where large volumes of water have to be pumped up to max. heads of 10 m
- Designed for direct installation in the discharge pipe or in the concrete risers to save space and reduce installation costs, using the well-proven coupling ring
- Improved energy savings
- Long-term reliability
Submersible propeller pump type ABS VUPX
Pumping large volumes
The VUPX series of submersible propeller pumps are ideal for applications where large volumes of storm or process water have to be pumped to heads up to a maximum of 10 m. These compact pumps feature highly efficient three- or four-blade propellers with low NPSH characteristic and a space-saving design. They ensure high reliability and efficiency.
- Storm water protection, irrigation and aquaculture
- Screened wastewater from commercial and industrial sources
- Combined sewage and surface water
- Return sludge or return activated sludge (RAS)
- Wet wells, submerged with automatic coupling system
Main design features
- Premium Efficiency IE3 motors in acc. with IEC60034-30
- Class H (140°C / 284°F) insulation
- NEMA class A up to 110 kW / 168 HP, above NEMA class B
- Double silicon mechanical seal
- Seal protection against spinning fibers
- 100 000 hours bearing life
- Sealed cable connection chamber with two stage cable entry
- Lifting hoop (stainless steel as option)
- Condition monitoring (temperature, water ingress, option: vibration monitoring)
- Explosion-proof version as option (ATEX, FM or CSA)
- Planetary gearboxes, driven by four-pole motors, deliver higher efficiency and lower weight compared
|Discharge sizes||DN 600 to DN 1400|
|Pipe diameters||600 to 1,400 mm (50 Hz) / 600 to 1,400 mm (23 to 55 in) (60 Hz)|
|Capacities||up to 7,000 l/s (50 Hz) / up to 8,500 l/s (134,700 USgpm) (60 Hz)|
|Heads||up to 10 m (50 Hz) / up to 10 m (33 ft) (60 Hz)|
|Motor power||9 to 650 kW (50 Hz) / 14 to 750 kW (19 to 1,005 hp) (60Hz)|
Flood controlClimate change is challenging natural disaster prevention. When water runs off the land in large quantities, Sulzer’s comprehensive range of pumps provide reliable, cost effective and efficient solutions for flood control.
Industrial water and effluent treatmentSulzer has a deep knowledge in wastewater treatment, and with our wide product portfolio we can now offer energy-efficient and reliable solutions for your water collection, neutralization, flocculation, sedimentation, cooling, aeration, sludge storage, digestion, and dewatering processes.
Outlet pumping stationsOutlet pumping stations are required when the level of the treatment plant is lower than that of the receiving water. This is especially true when discharging into a river, which can rise during heavy rain or flood periods, or into the sea, where the level varies with the tide. Outlet pumping stations may also be needed to compensate for increasing frictional losses in the outgoing pipe at high flows, for example in long sea outfall pipes.
Return of activated sludgeOutlet pumping stations are required when the level of the treatment plant is lower than that of the receiving water. This is especially true when discharging into a river, which can rise during heavy rain or flood periods, or into the sea, where the level varies with the tide.
Storm water pumping stationDuring heavy rainfall, storm water pumping stations deliver large volumes of water at low head to receiving surface waters or sewers. Having long been a part of flood management, they are increasingly involved in climate adaptation strategies for low-lying coastal cities.
Efficient storm water protection and ecological balanceSulzer delivers large axial propeller pumps with a total motor power of more than 4 MW for the Integrated Rhine Program (IRP) at Polder Rheinschanzinsel in Germany for flood protection. As part of the IRP, the regional authority of Baden-Wuerttemberg in Karlsruhe is building a retention area for flood control near Philippsburg in Germany.
Extensive irrigation project in San Salvador in SpainThe objective of the reservoir of San Salvador, in the province of Huesca, northeast Spain, is serving the demands of 22’400 hectares and improving the irrigation system of the Canal of Aragón and Catalonia from the previous annual volume of 5.3 km³ up to 6.8 km³.
Optimizing efficiency of Spanish irrigation projectIncreasing the volume of water available to an irrigation channel in Northeast Spain was necessary for local agriculture, especially during the dry summer season. The desired outcome of this expansion project was to successfully commission the reservoir of San Salvador with energy consumption kept to a minimum.
Sulzer secures contract for Danish climate protection schemeNine Sulzer pumps are set to play a key role in new flood defenses around the town of Ringkøbing. Danish water utility Ringkøbing-Skjern Forsyning A/S has selected Sulzer as the primary pump supplier for a major flood defense project.
Case studiesWherever fluids are pumped, mixed, controlled or applied, we are there. See how our solutions create value for customers and learn how we can make your pumping and mixing processes more efficient and profitable, safeguarding your production and ensuring lasting reliability.