- Proven track record: More HPcp's sold > 600 bar than all other competitors put together
- 60 MW gas turbine driven pump test facility
- Hundreds of HPcp pumps running offshore in critical services worldwide
HPcp barrel casing pump
World leading high pressure barrel casing pumps
HPcp ISO 13709 / API 610 Type BB5 radially split barrel pumps are used for water injection, offshore crude oil shipping, and remote pipeline services. The Sulzer HPcp pump is the leader in ultrahigh pressure applications.
- Waterflood for enhanced oil recovery
- Crude oil shipping on remote platforms with high dP requirements
- Onshore remote pipelines in mountainous terrain
Main design features
- Inline or back-to-back rotor stack designs for rotordynamic stability
- Forged Carbon Steel, Duplex SS, HIP'd and Overlaid barrel construction
- Twist Lock or bolted barrel closure with SuperNutsTM
- Sleeve, pocketed, or tilt pad bearings
- Grouted, ungrouted and offshore 3- or 4-point support baseplates
|Capacities||Up to 4,000 m3/h / 20,000 US gpm|
|Heads||Up to 10,200 m / 33,500 ft|
|Pressures||Up to 1,100 bar / 16,000 psi|
|Temperatures||Up to 200°C / 400°F|
|Discharge sizes||Up to 500 mm / 20 inches|
|Maximum speed of rotation||Up to 8,850 rpm|
Crude oil pipeline mountainous terrainIn remote areas, there may not be power available, or, terrain may be so steep that all the pressure rise has to be made in 1 station. Each pump must make the entire head. Pumps are often run in parallel. Hundreds of Sulzer multistage pump performances meet such high pressure requirements.
Crude oil pipeline offshore to onshoreAll the pressure rise must be made in the crude shipping pumps on the platform. Salt spray is corrosive and platform movement during storms can affect reliability. Specially packaged Sulzer multistage pumps are used to move crude oil from offshore platforms to onshore storage or pipeline systems.