- No lineshaft: lineshaft couplings or lineshaft bearings to maintain
- No external cable splices: Power cable connections only in motor and terminal box
- Low, medium and high voltage submersible motors available to 2 MW (2,700 hp)
- Water/glycol filled environmentally friendly motor for improved efficiency
- Variety of materials available from cast iron to super duplex stainless steellity
- Offshore Seawater Lift
- Offshore Diesel Genset Firewater
- Offshore Ballast Water
- Onshore Municipal Pressure Boosting
- Onshore Mine Dewatering
Main design features
- Standard design with submersible motor below the bowl assembly for low cost
- Inverted design with motor above bowl assembly for low NPSHr and low submergence
- Bidirectional thrust bearing in submersible motor
- Positive pressure in submersible motor for contamination prevention
|Capacities||Up to 10,000 m3/h / 44,000 US gpm|
|Heads||Up to 230m / 750 ft|
|Pressures||Up to 40 bar / 600 psi|
|Temperatures||Up to 80°C / 180°F|
|Discharge sizes||Up to 915mm / 36 inches|
|Maximum speed of rotation||Up to 3,600 rpm for smaller sizes|
Auxiliary applicationsThe complex processes performed on a typical FPSO rely on the performance of dozens of pumps handling a variety of liquids under widely varying process conditions.
Crude oil offloadingDepending on the FPSO design, a booster pump is often required to export crude oil delivered to deck level by the FPSO cargo system.
Firewater systems (fire fighting)Firewater pumps are the heart of an FPSO’s firefighting system. It is vital that the pumps be reliable in extreme conditions and run for extended periods of time.
Flow assurance (dead oil / hot oil)Pumps for flow assurance service, also known as dead oil and hot oil circulation, are critical to maintain oil production in deep cold water. Though usually driven by an electric motor, the Sulzer BB3 and BB5 pumps can be engineered with diesel engine drivers. Along with our reputation for quality and efficiency, our pumps are right for this service.
Multiphase pumpingHelico-axial multiphase pumps (MPP) are used to boost unprocessed well streams, enabling liquid / gas mixtures to be transported over long distances without the need for prior phase separation.
Seawater liftSea chest, lineshaft or electric submersible pumps. Whatever your seawater lift needs, Sulzer has a solution.
Seawater treatmentWith enhanced oil recovery methods, often prior to injection sea water needs to be treated to remove or reduce salt content. Sulzer’s pumps achieve this by delivering sea water to the SRU / SWRO membrane racks.