- High specific heat transfer
- Short residence time
- Low pressure drop
- Operation under low vacuum
- Evaporation ratios up to > 95% without recirculation
- Able to process products with high viscosities
- Able to process systems that form deposits
- Easy to clean (CIP)
Thin or wiped film evaporator
Renewed surface for a continuous evaporation process
- Evaporation without mass transfer
- Moderate evaporation ratios
- Viscous products
- Feed streams containing solid particles
- High evaporation ratios (up to more than 95%)
Rotor type LThis rotor has several rigid blades that have a fixed and well-defined clearance from the wall of the shell.
Rotor type P
This rotor has flexible wiper blades, which swing outwards by the centrifugal force and wipe the heated surface.
Your wiped film evaporator can be made of solid or clad metallic alloys, including exotic ones, but can also consist of glass-lined units. In this case, all product-wetted parts are glass-lined, except for the wiper blades.
Glass lining imposes a fundamentally different design, and consequently the rotor is designed to be self-supporting and does not require a bottom bearing. Our glass-lined wiped film evaporators are manufactured in standard sizes ranging from 1 to 6 m2, and have excellent corrosion resistance.
To ensure reliable equipment design, and to verify that the desired process performance meets your product specifications, we test your individual process in our pilot plant facilities. If you prefer, we can provide you with mobile test equipment on a rental basis to apply in tests at your own facilities.
Contact the Process plants team