- Industry-leading efficiency
- Wide operational envelope and optimized suction capacity
- Optimal mechanical design to limit radial load and to compensate axial thrust
- High-performance bearing unit
- Renewable stationary wear parts for sustained efficiency
- Easy maintenance with back pull-out design
A-RO end suction pump
An exact match for your RO services
The A-RO pumps take Sulzer’s highly reputed AHLSTAR A series to new levels of efficiency and operation range and are optimized for the demanding conditions of seawater reverse osmosis (RO) applications.
- Low-pressure booster pump to RO high-pressure membrane feed
- RO second pass membrane feed
- Process applications in desalination plants
The A-RO pumps are end-suction pumps meeting or exceeding ISO 5199. The range takes Sulzer’s highly reputed AHLSTAR A series to new levels of efficiency and operational range, optimized for the demanding conditions of seawater reverse osmosis (RO) applications. The A-RO pumps are suitable for pumping seawater or liquids with similar corrosive properties up to a temperature of 60 ºC across a wide performance range by means of variable speed control. They fulfill all requirements wherever a robust pump is needed for boosting pressure as well as general process application.
Main design features
Wide operational envelope
- Operation via VFD enables high-efficiency performance across a wide range of heads and flow rates
- Optimized suction capacity for low net positive suction head required (NPSHr)
Optimal mechanical design
- Double volute casing to limit radial load
- Back labyrinth and balance holes to compensate axial thrust
- Renewable stationary wear parts for optimized labyrinth gap
- Foot mounted casing
High-performance bearing unit
- Inboard cylindrical roller bearing
- Outboard pair of angular contact ball bearings
- Increased oil sump and optimized fan design for enhanced heat dissipation
- Constant level oiler maintains optimum oil level for lubrication
- Shaft seal can be serviced without disassembling the pipework
- Optimized pump efficiency
- Reduced energy consumption
- Closed impeller for higher efficiency
|Capacities||Up to 6’000 m3/h / up to 26’415 USgpm|
|Heads||Up to 200 m / 600 ft.|
|Temperatures||Up to 39ºC / 102ºF|
|Discharge sizes||Up to 400 mm / up to 16 in.|
Long-term efficiency and reliability delivered to Torrevieja desalination plantLike many arid regions around the world, southeastern Spain has long faced significant water shortages. In the early years of the new Millennium, with rising consumer demand and the changing climate exacerbating the challenge, Spain’s government and some regions’ water utilities launched a major desalination initiative. Most of it was developed by Acuamed, which is a public company that reports directly to the Ministry for Environment of the Spanish Government.
Sulzer delivers over 200 pump packages for Saudi Arabia’s West Coast - Satellite desalination projectSulzer’s advanced global engineering and manufacturing network has enabled the company to build, deliver and commission 289 high-efficiency desalination pumps to allow construction of the multiple sites in just 18 months. The short build schedule and large number of pumps required the cooperation of several of Sulzer’s facilities to deliver all the pump skids on time.
Tapping into pump engineering expertiseMaking clean, safe drinking water widely available is one of human society’s greatest priorities. 90% of the world’s population currently has access to at least a basic source of potable water, and 71% of people enjoy a managed supply of clean water to their homes. With the aim to further increase availability while controlling costs, utilities are continually investing to expand, upgrade and improve their networks, operations and maintenance processes.
Case studiesWherever fluids are pumped, mixed, controlled or applied, we are there. See how our solutions create value for customers and learn how we can make your pumping and mixing processes more efficient and profitable, safeguarding your production and ensuring lasting reliability.