- Over 25 years of experience in the field of polystyrene reaction technology
- More than 25 installed reactors for GPPS and HIPS plants all over the world
- Ineos Technologies (France) currently sells process licenses for GPPS/HIPS production technology, involving all our key Technologies
- Key technology packages comprising
- Access to HIPS with maximum rubber efficiency
- Polystyrene production with the lowest residual volatile content in the industry
- Upgrading technology with SMX plus technology, with the lowest possible pressure drop, suitable for mixing fluids with viscosity differences of more than 1:1 000 000
- For Polystyrene (PS)
Sulzer has over 25 years of experience in providing key technology for a wide range of polystyrene production plants (GPPS/HIPS and swing plants), with capacities from 28 000 t/a to 200 000 t/a per single train.
Benefits of Sulzer reactors
Sulzer reactors are currently used all over the world, with capacities up to 100 000 t/a per line. The simplicity of the technology allows the highest levels of polymer conversion in the industry with minimum maintenance requirement (no moving parts). As a result, Sulzer has become a leading provider of high-performance key technology to the polystyrene market.
By retrofitting GPPS/HIPS plants with Sulzer key technology, your plant will achieve higher capacity and improved product quality.
Sulzer's devolatilization technology enables your process to achieve the lowest levels for residual volatiles, while meeting the most stringent environmental standards.
Sulzer mixing process
Sulzer offers the most efficient mixing process on the market for all kind of additives in polymer melts. It is based on our latest SMX plus mixing technology, with a 50% pressure drop reduction compared to our classic SMX mixer.
Polymer reaction technologySulzer's unique polymerization technology based on static mixer reactors (SMR plus) opens up new opportunities for process intensification in terms of high conversion, high throughput, consistently high polymer quality, and accurate control of heat transfer, for both oil-based and biopolymers.
Upgrading technologyWith its proven static mixing technology, Sulzer offers cost-effective solutions for the in-line upgrading of polymer melts by admixing additives such as dyes, nucleating agents, lubricants, pigments, and stabilizers.
Devolatilization technologyDevolatilization is a key topic in polymer production. Polymer products may contain significant amounts of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that have to be removed prior to selling or processing. With Sulzer's proprietary "devo" technology you can reach state-of-the-art VOC levels for your product.