Submersible sewage pump type ABS XFPThe submersible sewage pumps type ABS XFP are the best choice for ensuring efficient and reliable pumping in any wastewater pumping station. The submersible pumps are equipped with Premium Efficiency IE3 motors as standard and with the Contrablock Plus impellers.
- High blockage frequency of existing equipment. The frequency of soft blockage cost the end user at least NZD 400 per week.
- The customer was skeptical of new products due to an entrenched competitor, even though the competitors offered no solution.
- Improperly designed station, with inflow dropping directly on top of one of the pumps.
Sulzer’s distributor in New Zealand offered Kaimai Valley Services a free 100 day trial of a Sulzer submersible sewage pump type ABS XFP 100E-CB1 PE60/4. The pump was installed in April 2013 and has not blocked to date. Compared to 1 - 2 blockages per week of the previous equipment, this is a great improvement. The XFP100E is one of Sulzer’s best-selling municipal sewage hydraulic pumps in the Australian and New Zealand markets. It offers a wide range of performance and unmatched blockage resistance. Available in 4 kW, 6 kW and 9 kW versions, it is the workhorse of the range.
We are very happy with how this went. The installation was easy with Sulzer’s adapter bracket and we are very pleased with the fact that there have been no blockages to date, 35 months after the installation., Wastewater Engineer, Kaimai Valley Services Pty Ltd.
- The solution is 100% effective. The blockages have stopped completely with no compromise required.
- The installation was very simple. The atmosphere inside an operational sewage pump station is extremely poisonous and corrosive. The ability to install Sulzer pumps on competitor pedestals is no mere marketing device. Replacing a pump without needing to enter the well and change the mounting arrangement offers a huge time, cost and – most importantly – occupational health and safety benefit to the customer.
- The customer’s blockage clearance costs have dropped to zero.
- At approximately NZD 400 per blockage clearance, the new pumps paid for themselves in a matter of months.
- The customer has reduced the chance of overflow, which has environmental and regulatory benefits. This is particularly important in this case, as the location is a popular tourist area bordering the Kaimai Mamaku National Park.
Submersible sewage pump type ABS XFP
|Motor||PE60/4 Premium Efficiency 6 kW 4 pole unit|
|Impeller||Contrablock Plus, single vane|