Across water and wastewater
applications, energy is the
single largest cost for the business.
Identifying the equipment
responsible for high
consumption will highlight
areas where the biggest gains
can be achieved.
Running costs are directly
affected by equipment
reliability. Investing in high
quality assets pays dividends
in service life and reliability as
well as reduced operating costs.
Reducing energy consumption through
optimum efficiency and minimizing
maintenance callouts through
improved reliability all contribute
to a reduced carbon footprint.
Top five tips to save energy
At a time of rising energy prices, we are all looking for ways to reduce costs. There are opportunities throughout the water treatment process to improve efficiency, you just need to look in the right places.
We have five top tips to reducing energy usage:
- Check your pumps – times and applications change, make sure the duty point is correct – don’t operate over-sized pumps, they waste energy.
- Think smart – use smart pump controllers to improve equipment reliability and efficiency – program your pumps to operate more cost-effectively.
- Upgrade and save – Mixers often run 24/7, switching a single, traditional mid-sized mixer for an XRW can easily save 10’000 kWhr of energy per year.
- Premium upgrade – for pumps running long hours, switching an IE1 motor for Premium Efficiency IE3 can reduce motor losses by up to 30%.
- Planned maintenance – keep on top of regular maintenance – make sure the bottom plates of your pumps are correctly adjusted to ensure ongoing efficiency and reliability.
Contact the Energy Saving Team
Please direct email or you can click to fill in form below.