MSD-RO is a two stage in back-to-back arrangement, axially split casing, single suction pump which has been developed mainly for high pressure membrane feed in Reverse Osmosis (RO) desalination applications.
Innovation has been at the center of the MSD-RO development. As a result, the MSD-RO pump benefits from:
- A significantly more compact arrangement of the pump hydraulics
- Top class efficiency according to market needs
- Hydraulic configuration with two single suction impellers offers a compact design, with extremely low NPSH values and top of its class efficiency
- Special opposed, dynamically balanced impeller design for ideal axial thrust balance, increasing the overall pump efficiency by avoiding the use of balancing line
- Single, balanced, cartridge mechanical seal. Option for API 682 mechanical seal is available
- Sleeve journal and duplex angular contact thrust bearing as standard. Sleeve journal and pivot shoe thrust bearing with force oil lubrication system is available
- Robust split flanges based on heavy duty API standards
- Reduced wear parts clearances by using PEEK or honeycomb, to increase pump efficiency.
Up to 1,600 m3/h / 7,000 US gpm
Up to 650 m / 2,150 ft
Up to 90 bar / 1,305 psi
Up to 60°C / 140°F
Maximum speed of rotation
Up to 3,600 rpm
RO-island HPPThis is the heart of the SWRO Desalination process, where the desalination effect takes place. The Treated sea water is fed by means of the High Pressure pumps into the RO membranes, obtaining permeate or product water and high pressure brine rejection, whose high pressure energy is recovered by selected Energy Recovery Device.