- Modular hydraulics for high efficiency in a wide range of operating conditions
- Large branch sizes for optimized inlet flow, low noise level and higher allowable forces and moments
- Unaffected by rapid temperature variations
- Easy access for cleaning to the seal cooling chambers
- Stiff shaft design for critical speeds above the maximum operating speed
- Main and auxiliary boiler feed duties up to 180° C
- Nitrogen Oxides (NOx) abatement and fuel injection in combined cycle
- Condensate service in power stations and industrial plants
- Auxiliary services within combined-cycle and industrial power plants
- Feed pumps in desalination by reverse osmosis
- High-pressure water in general industry
Main design features
- Double suction first stage for low Net Positive Suction Head Required (NPSHR) available for selected pump sizes
- Balance drum and axial thrust bearing designed for long life under extreme operating conditions is standard
- Balance disc is optional
- Mechanical or magnetic lift-off device is available for frequent start-stop operation
- Paired, fan-cooled taper roller thrust bearings are standard for balance drum configuration
- Sleeve radial bearings are optional
- Foot mounted is standard
- Centerline mounted is optional for large sizes and high temperatures
|Capacities||Up to 1,700 m3/h / 8,500 US gpm|
|Heads||Up to 1,750 m / 5,500 ft|
|Pressures||Up to 180 bar / 2,610 psi|
|Temperatures||Up to 180 °C / 355 °F|
|Discharge sizes||Up to 350 mm / 14 inches|
Boiler feed pump (BFP) for biomass wasteBoiler feed pumps for biomass firing power plants applications are typically small/medium ring section type. Axially split multistage pumps are also available when required. The pump size and the design pressure will depend very much of type and the output of the power plant.
Brine re-injection pumpThe brine re-injection pump re-injects the low enthalpy reject brine back to the geothermal field to renew the available resources.
Feed water pump (FWP) for gas-firedFeed water pumps (FWP) pump the feed water from the de-aerator through the HP heaters to the boiler. The major characteristic of the FWP is their high differential head. In all sizes of gas-fired combined-cycle power plants, the FWP are horizontal ring section type; occasionally, they could also be barrel or axially split type.
Feed water pumps for solar power generationFeed water pumps (FWP) pump feed water from the de-aerator through the HP heaters to the solar steam generator. The major characteristic of FWP is their high differential head. The FWP are usually horizontal ring section type, but depending on customer requirements, they can also be barrel or axially split type.
Power plantsSulzer’s extensive product portfolio to maximize the performance and reliability of your solid organic fuel biomass power plant, solid industrial or municipal waste fuel biomass power plant, and liquid or gaseous organic fuel biomass power plant processes.
RO-island HPPThis is the heart of the SWRO Desalination process, where the desalination effect takes place. The Treated sea water is fed by means of the High Pressure pumps into the RO membranes, obtaining permeate or product water and high pressure brine rejection, whose high pressure energy is recovered by selected Energy Recovery Device.
Water transportationWater transport pumps are pumping large volumes of water over mostly long distances and high geodetic heights to geographical areas or industries where it is required for different purposes. We offer various configurations according to your needs.
MD high pressure stage casing pumpBoth investment costs and lifecycle costs are taken into consideration when designing the optimum possible pump as an optimized hydraulic design guarantees maximum efficiency.
MBN multistage ring section pumpThe MBN pumps are ideal for use in medium-pressure applications. They have a big variety of nozzle position options, thus providing flexibility during installation and simplifying the piping design.