- Centerline support for reduced thermally induced misalignment
- Double suction impeller for low NPSH3
- First critical speed is well above operating speed range for smooth operation
- Casing designed for 2 times API 610 nozzle loads for freedom from piping distortions
- Grouted or ungrouted, 1x or 2x nozzle load baseplates for reduced installation cost
BBS and CD between bearings single stage pumps
Customized solutions for high-pressure jobs
The BBS and CD models are API 610 Type BB2, single stage, radially split pumps. They offer the widest range of hydraulic performance in the industry.
- Low pressure unit charge
- Atmospheric or vacuum bottoms
- Fractionator bottoms
- High temperature oil sands processing with abrasive resistant coatings
- Boiler feed booster
The double suction impeller provides reduced NPSH3 for tough services in refineries and other critical applications. The CD can be custom engineered for high pressure, special hydraulics and special nozzle locations.
Main design features
- Centerline supported casing with top / top nozzles; side / side nozzles optional
- Thermal expansion features
- Staggered vane double suction impeller on larger sizes
- Proven Coke Crusher option
- SUME coatings for abrasion resistance
|Capacities||Up to 7,000 m3/h / 30,000 USgpm|
|Heads||Up to 800m / 2,600 ft|
|Pressures||Up to 50 bar / 740 psi|
|Temperatures||Up to 425 °C / 800 °F|
|Discharge sizes||From 150 to 600 mm / 6 to 24 inches|
|Maximum speed of rotation||Up to 5,500 rpm|
Auxiliary applicationsThe complex processes performed on a typical FPSO rely on the performance of dozens of pumps handling a variety of liquids under widely varying process conditions.
Brine re-injection pumpThe brine re-injection pump re-injects the low enthalpy reject brine back to the geothermal field to renew the available resources.
Heat transfer fluid pumpHeat transfer fluid pump (HTF) pumps circulate thermal oil through the parabolic troughs to heat it up and pump it to the solar steam generator. The main characteristics of the HTF pumps are their high temperature and their double sealing system. Depending on the plant size, HTF pumps can be either double or end suction type.
Hydraulic power recovery turbineMany industries aim to reduce their ecological footprint by minimizing energy consumption. Sulzer Hydraulic Power Recovery Reaction Turbines can be used to capture lost energy.
RO-island HPPThis is the heart of the SWRO Desalination process, where the desalination effect takes place. The Treated sea water is fed by means of the High Pressure pumps into the RO membranes, obtaining permeate or product water and high pressure brine rejection, whose high pressure energy is recovered by selected Energy Recovery Device.
Seawater treatmentWith enhanced oil recovery methods, often prior to injection sea water needs to be treated to remove or reduce salt content. Sulzer’s pumps achieve this by delivering sea water to the SRU / SWRO membrane racks.