- Simple low-pressure drop inlet device
- For uniform vapour distribution
- Especially under vacuum conditions
- For flashing feeds (liquid turning to gas immediately)
Tangential gas inlet device Vapor Horn
Flashing feed device for large columns
- Columns operating with low pressure or vacuum
- Columns operating with flashing feeds
The tangential vane flashing feed inlet device, called Vapor Horn, can be used for very high vapor-liquid mixture velocities in the feed pipe with gas F-Factors up to 120 Pa½. The feed flows radially around the vessel, liquid droplets are projected and collected on the inner wall of the vessel. Gas distribution is performed by baffles analog to a conventional vane gas inlet device.
The device is suitable for vessel inner diameters larger than 4 m.