- Axial split casing with 600# and 900# flanges to meet project requirements
- Staggered vane, double suction impeller on larger sizes for reduced vibration
- Custom hydraulics to meet both current and future requirements with a simple rotor change
- Ball-ball, sleeve-ball and sleeve-pivot shoe bearings are available
- High-speed designs available for remote gas turbine-driven applications
HSB axially split single stage pipeline pump
The gold standard for the crude oil industry
The HSB API 610 (ISO 13709) Type BB1 is an axially split, single stage, horizontal, between bearing pump. Many HSB pumps are in service on crude oil pipelines in many parts of the world. Its robust casing and custom hydraulics are specifically designed to meet project requirements.
- Crude oil pipeline
- Boiler feed boosting
- Hydraulic Power Recovery Turbine (HPRT)
Main design features
- High-pressure casing allows pumps to be run in series for pipeline flow variations
- Robust shaft for reduced deflection
- Custom designed impellers and volutes
- Grouted, ungrouted and offshore heavy-duty baseplates
- Motor, steam turbine and gas turbine drivers
|Capacities||Up to 10,000 m3/h / 45,000 US gpm|
|Heads||Up to 550 m / 1,800 ft|
|Pressures||Up to 150 bar / 2,200 psi|
|Temperatures||Up to 205°C / 400°F|
|Discharge sizes||150 to 750 mm / 6 to 30 inches|
|Maximum speed of rotation||Up to 5,000 rpm|
Crude oil offloadingDepending on the FPSO design, a booster pump is often required to export crude oil delivered to deck level by the FPSO cargo system.
Crude oil pipeline onshore flat terrainPower cost is the largest operating cost for crude oil pipelines on flat terrain. Flow rate, viscosity, pipe size, and station spacing all affect pump selection. 2 or 3 mainline pumps are often run in series. Sulzer can help with FEED assistance, rerates to optimize performance and lower power costs.
Hydraulic power recovery turbineMany industries aim to reduce their ecological footprint by minimizing energy consumption. Sulzer Hydraulic Power Recovery Reaction Turbines can be used to capture lost energy.
Multiphase pumpingHelico-axial multiphase pumps (MPP) are used to boost unprocessed well streams, enabling liquid / gas mixtures to be transported over long distances without the need for prior phase separation.
RO-island HPPThis is the heart of the SWRO Desalination process, where the desalination effect takes place. The Treated sea water is fed by means of the High Pressure pumps into the RO membranes, obtaining permeate or product water and high pressure brine rejection, whose high pressure energy is recovered by selected Energy Recovery Device.
Original Sulzer pump spare partsOriginal Sulzer pump spare parts ensure optimum pump performance. They are more than a simple ‘new for old’ replacement and can substantially improve the performance of your equipment.