- Finned bearing housing and fan cooling for long bearing life
- Broadest range map in the industry for ISO 13709 (API 610) type OH2 pumps
- Heavy Duty baseplates with 2x ISO 13709 (API 610) nozzle load option
- ISO 21049 (API 682) cartridge type mechanical seals for reduced emissions
- Electric motor or steam turbine drivers
- Seawater booster for critical services
- High-temperature vacuum bottoms
- Low pressure unit charge
- Light Vacuum Gas Oil (LVGO) and Heavy Vacuum Gas Oil (HVGO)
- Fractionation bottoms
Main design features
- Robust shaft for minimal deflection
- Casings designed for 2x ISO 13709 (API 610) nozzle loads
- Oil ring, purge mist or pure oil mist lubrication available
- 300 # flange rating standard. 600# optional
- 11,000 Net Suction Specific Speed (NSS) standard
- Optional improved suction performance on most sizes
|Capacities||Up to 2,250 m3/h / 10,000 US gpm|
|Heads||Up to 360m / 1,200 ft|
|Pressures||Up to 75 bar / 1,100 psi|
|Temperatures||From -75 to 425°C / -100 to 800°F|
|Discharge sizes||From 25 to 400 mm / 1 to 16 inches|
|Maximum speed of rotation||Up to 3,600 rpm|
Auxiliary applicationsThe complex processes performed on a typical FPSO rely on the performance of dozens of pumps handling a variety of liquids under widely varying process conditions.
Brine re-injection pumpThe brine re-injection pump re-injects the low enthalpy reject brine back to the geothermal field to renew the available resources.
Crude oil pipeline mountainous terrainIn remote areas, there may not be power available, or, terrain may be so steep that all the pressure rise has to be made in 1 station. Each pump must make the entire head. Pumps are often run in parallel. Hundreds of Sulzer multistage pump performances meet such high pressure requirements.
Crude oil pipeline offshore to onshoreAll the pressure rise must be made in the crude shipping pumps on the platform. Salt spray is corrosive and platform movement during storms can affect reliability. Specially packaged Sulzer multistage pumps are used to move crude oil from offshore platforms to onshore storage or pipeline systems.
Crude oil pipeline onshore flat terrainPower cost is the largest operating cost for crude oil pipelines on flat terrain. Flow rate, viscosity, pipe size, and station spacing all affect pump selection. 2 or 3 mainline pumps are often run in series. Sulzer can help with FEED assistance, rerates to optimize performance and lower power costs.
Heat transfer fluid pumpHeat transfer fluid pump (HTF) pumps circulate thermal oil through the parabolic troughs to heat it up and pump it to the solar steam generator. The main characteristics of the HTF pumps are their high temperature and their double sealing system. Depending on the plant size, HTF pumps can be either double or end suction type.
Liquefied petroleum gas pipelinesLiquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) mixtures (ethane, propane, butane) can have vapor pressure up to 40 Bar, specific gravity less than 0.40, and almost no lubricity. Sulzer provides special materials, acoustic studies, and lateral analysis to assure reliable performance with varying flow, speed, and fluid conditions.
Refined product pipelinesThousands of Sulzer multistage pipeline pumps move diesel fuel, jet fuel, gasoline, and other refined products all over the globe. Sulzer’s global service centers, service and retrofit not only our own pumps, but other pumps and motors as well.
Supercritical and compressible fluid pipelinesFor the past 30 years, Sulzer multistage pumps have been used to pump compressible, dense phase ethylene and CO2 at normal and supercritical pressures. Compressible performance prediction, acoustic studies, and, lateral analysis, are all part of service provided by Sulzer engineers for such rigorous applications.