- Disposable single-use barrier
- Tried and tested material
- Customized ergonomic design
- Intuitive and user-friendly
- Transparent material
Multiple-use dental dispenser devices
OEM Material Manufacturers typically supply multiple-use dental dispensers as pre-filled syringes with disposable tips. Devices are used to deliver various dental products including impression materials, adhesives, dental composites, and endodontic (root canal) materials to a treatment site in the mouth. Cartridge Systems or Syringes containing the remaining dental material often are reused. Mixing Tips and Application Tips are disposable and intended to be discarded after each patient use. This can increase the risk of cross-contamination and infectious disease between the dentist, staff and patients.Source: FDA Multiple-Use Dental Dispenser Devices https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/dental-devices/multiple-use-dental-dispenser-devices
The clinical challenges with multi-use dental dispenser devices
- Contamination or infection control issues may arise for patients whenever the body or housing of multiple-use dental dispensers comes in contact with a previous patient’s cheek or lips…
- Or when the dispenser is handled by a dental practitioner whose gloves have become contaminated with previous patient’s blood or saliva
- After intraoral clinical application, storage of the cartridge or syringe/plunger is commonly done using the “contaminated” mixing tip/application tip!
To help minimize the risk of cross-contamination or infectious disease, OEM Material Manufacturers recommend the following reprocessing protocol for multi-use dental dispenser devices:
- Contaminated surfaces are manually-cleaned and wipe-disinfected using wipe disinfectants (e.g. isopropyl alcohol CaviWipes 17%), since these surfaces cannot be reprocessed using heat-sterilization or high-level disinfectants
Source: FDA Multiple-Use Dental Dispenser Devices https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/dental-devices/multiple-use-dental-dispenser-devices
Why a protective sleeve?
MIXPAC™ Protective Sleeves provide safe and efficient barrier protection of multi-use application systems to protect the dentist, staff and patient against cross-contamination and infectious disease during clinical use.
Recommendations from leading dental institutes and regulatory bodies endorse the practice of using barrier protection in dental practice
The Dental Advisor endorsed the following advantages of single-use, disposable barriers:
- Reduces exposure to chemicals
- Reduces need for cleaning and disinfection
- Protects areas that are hard to access for cleaning and disinfection
- Protects areas that may be damaged or discolored by disinfectant
Source: The Dental Advisor, Infection Control 2020: Surface Disinfectants, May 2020
The FDA recommends to:
- Apply disposable barrier sleeves/wraps over multiple-use dental dispensers before use with each patient
Source: FDA Multiple-Use Dental Dispenser Devices
Clinicians Report endorses:
- The use of barrier plastic wrap protection, e.g. x-ray, light handles, chair switches
Source: Clinicians Report, May 2020, Volume 13 Issue
The MIXPAC™ Protective Sleeves are safe
Disposable single-use barrier eliminates exposure to cleaning and disinfectant agents. Protects areas that are hard to access for cleaning and disinfection as well as areas that may be damaged or discolored by disinfectants. MIXPAC™ Protective Sleeves use tried and tested material which has undergone extensive testing performed to ensure protection against cross-contamination and infectious disease for the dentist, staff and patients.
The MIXPAC™ Protective Sleeves are efficient
Customized ergonomic design provides customized, ergonomic snug fit to minimize visual impairment during clinical use. MIXPAC™ Protective Sleeves are available for 50ml, 5ml, 1ml MIXPAC™ cartridge systems. It`s intuitive and user-friendly design easily slides over syringe/plunger or cartridge system with a pre-cut opening that easily slips through the mixing tip. It`s transparent see-thru plastic ensures that content inside cartridge is still visible.
|Description||Protective Sleeve, 50 ml, LDPE, Transparent||Protective Sleeve, 5 ml, LDPE, Transparent||Protective Sleeve, 1 ml, LDPE, Transparent|
|Item||PRS 801-03||PRS 701-03||PRS 601-03|