- Modular hydraulics for high efficiency in a wide range of operating conditions
- Centerline mounted with large branch sizes for optimized inlet flow, low noise level and higher allowable forces and moments
- Unaffected by rapid temperature variations
- Stiff shaft design for critical speeds above the maximum operating speed
- Multiple screws mechanical tensioners are used on large sizes to allow simpler tightening and loosening
- Main boiler feed in captive, independent, combined cycle, concentrated solar, biomass, and industrial power plants
- Start-up boiler feed in utility thermal power plants
- High-pressure water in general industry
Main design features
- Up to four impeller sets per pump size
- Optimal hydraulic selection to meet exactly the operating data and low Net Positive Suction Head Required (NPSHr)
- Double suction first-stage impeller available for selected pump sizes
- Balance drum and axial thrust bearing designed for long life under extreme operating conditions is standard
- Balance disc is optional
- Mechanical or magnetic lift-off device is available for frequent start-stop operation
- Paired, fan-cooled taper roller thrust bearings are standard for balance drum configuration
- Optional sleeve radial bearings and double acting tilting pad with forced lubrication
|Capacities||Up to 1,200 m3/h / 5,300 US gpm|
|Heads||Up to 2,800 m / 9,200 ft|
|Suction pressures||Up to 50 bar / 725 psi|
|Discharge pressures||Up to 350 bar / 5,080 psi|
|Temperatures||Up to 210 °C / 410 °F|
|Discharge sizes||Up to 200 mm / 8 inches|
|Maximum speed of rotation||Up to 4,000 rpm|
Boiler feed pump (BFP) for biomass wasteBoiler feed pumps for biomass firing power plants applications are typically small/medium ring section type. Axially split multistage pumps are also available when required. The pump size and the design pressure will depend very much of type and the output of the power plant.
Boiler feed water and booster pumpsFeed water pumps (FWP) pump the feed water from the de-aerator through the HP heaters to the boiler. The major characteristic of FWP is their high differential head.
Feed water pump (FWP) for gas-firedFeed water pumps (FWP) pump the feed water from the de-aerator through the HP heaters to the boiler. The major characteristic of the FWP is their high differential head. In all sizes of gas-fired combined-cycle power plants, the FWP are horizontal ring section type; occasionally, they could also be barrel or axially split type.
Feed water pumps for solar power generationFeed water pumps (FWP) pump feed water from the de-aerator through the HP heaters to the solar steam generator. The major characteristic of FWP is their high differential head. The FWP are usually horizontal ring section type, but depending on customer requirements, they can also be barrel or axially split type.
Power plantsSulzer’s extensive product portfolio to maximize the performance and reliability of your solid organic fuel biomass power plant, solid industrial or municipal waste fuel biomass power plant, and liquid or gaseous organic fuel biomass power plant processes.
MC high pressure stage casing pumpM-series pumps have a modular design thus allowing Sulzer to find the most efficient solution to meet customer requirements.
MBN multistage ring section pumpThe MBN pumps are ideal for use in medium-pressure applications. They have a big variety of nozzle position options, thus providing flexibility during installation and simplifying the piping design.