- Liftable and selfstanding, making it easy to change of the plant configuration—no need to empty the tank
- Suitable for all usual tank depths, especially deep tanks which no longer require air cooling
- Designed for non-clogging operation
- Suitable for both continuous and intermittent process operation
- Can run as an aerator and/or mixer according to process requirements
- High Standard Oxygen Transfer Rate (SOTR) and Standard Aeration Efficiency (SAE) values
- Activated sludge basins and Sequence Batch Reactors (SBR), Membrane Bio Reactors (MBR), and Moving Bed Bio Reactors (MBBR), providing aeration and mixing in a single unit for degrading the biomass
- Mixing and equalization basins, providing uniform wastewater loading to downstream processes and eliminating odors
- Sludge storage and stabilization, providing odor control as well as oxidation of sludge
- Flotation of oil and grease
- Additional aeration
OKI 1000 and 2000 submersible aerator/mixers are ideal for aerobic sludge stabilization, with both pre-thickening and contemporaneous thickening in the same tank. They can handle very high concentrations of suspended solids, up to 80 g/l in deep tank applications.
|Oxygen transfer||up to 405 kg O2/h|
|Motor range||3–37 kW|
Aerobic digestionIn aerobic digestion, microorganisms continue to break down the organic material. These microorganisms need oxygen in order to function, and some level of mixing is required to keep the process efficient and reliable. The result is reduced sludge volume and the prevention of odor. Sulzer has highly suitable products to support the process in the aerobic digester tank.
Biological processThe target of the biological process is to remove organic, biodegradable substances via the metabolism of microorganisms and related biochemical processes.
EqualizationThe task of mixing in the equalization process is to blend the wastewater in order to prevent sedimentation, stratification and odor formation. It may also be necessary to mix and homogenize wastewater streams that arrive from different sources. Because the water level in the equalization tanks varies significantly and can sometimes be very low, high demands are placed upon the mixers.
Industrial water and effluent treatmentSulzer has a deep knowledge in wastewater treatment, and with our wide product portfolio we can now offer energy-efficient and reliable solutions for your water collection, neutralization, flocculation, sedimentation, cooling, aeration, sludge storage, digestion, and dewatering processes.
Tertiary treatmentTreated wastewater may occasionally require further treatment. Local discharge rules may pose strict limits that cannot be fulfilled by even the most effective process, or a higher quality of effluent may be requested for its reuse. When tertiary treatment is needed, various levels of filtration can be applied, including very fine filtration. Often, however, a final step of mixing and aeration is sufficient to achieve the target. When this is the case, Sulzer's submersible mixer types ABS XRW and RW can be used, along with submersible aerator type ABS TA–TAK and disc diffuser system types ABS PIK, DS and Sucoflow.