Submersible sewage pump type ABS AFPFor reliable and economical pumping of heavily polluted sewage in commercial, industrial and municipal applications.
Pump controller type ABS PC 441The PC 441 is a monitor and controller for one to four pumps, designed mainly for use in municipal wastewater pumping stations. The PC 441 has many advanced features to minimize operating costs and increase the availability of the pumping station throughout its life cycle.
The Jeddah City Business Unit of The National Water Company appointed Al-Muhaidib Contracting Company, in joint venture with Vinci Construction UK, to build a new sea outfall for the transmission of treated effluent from the Al-Khumra wastewater treatment plant. The treated effluent is recycled for reuse in irrigation and other applications. During emergencies, the effluent will be discharged to a specific sea location that will provide sufficient dilution with minimum impact on the environment.
The transmission system comprises of onshore works that include a pumping station and an approximately 20 kilometers pipeline of 2.8 m diameter, and offshore works that include five pipelines, each with a diameter of 1.2 meters and an approximate length of 700 meters. Sulzer delivered the submersible pumps for the pumping station.
We have a proven track record of successful achievements in the Gulf Region and we brought a wealth of experience to this project that required joint efforts of all Sulzer employees involved, from design to procurement and sales., Sales Manager at Sulzer Pumps Wastewater Italy – Export
Pumps of the required size are normally designed and built specifically for the project by engineering companies. In order to ensure maximum reliability, the customer, however, wanted a smart solution from a supplier specialized in wastewater products, with many references for the same pump size.
Sulzer was one of the recommended vendors because of positive experiences with large pumping stations in the same city and for the same end user in the past.
- For the Al-Khumra Effluent Pumping Station, Sulzer supplied nine submersible sewage pumps type ABS AFP rated 800 kW with duty points of 2,000 l/s at 30 m head installed in wet wells.
- Each pump weighs 10.5 tons. They are currently the largest of their kind in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The pumping station is expected to be in operation at the end of 2014.
- Submersible sewage pumps type ABS AFP 8002 are four meters tall and more than ten tons heavy, and therefore the lifting procedures are critical in deep sumps. Sulzer developed a suitable kit of accessories, including a gripping unit certified according to the ISO design (EN14492-2) and safety norms (EN13155 and EN 60204-32) as well as cable hanging and protecting devices to make lifting operations safe and easy.
- Sulzer designed a new high-efficiency submersible motor for this large pump.
- Lighter motor design due to cooling jacket with forced cooling.
- Advanced and handy pump monitoring unit based on pump controller type ABS PC 441 for collecting the signals of thermal sensors, PT100, accelerometers and DI moisture sensors.
Submersible sewage pumps type ABS AFP8002-M8000/10
|Impeller||5 vane semi-open in duplex stainless steel, diameter 830 mm|
|Duty point||2'000 l/s at 30.4 m|
|Motor rated power (P2)||800 kW|
|Motor rated speed (n)||713 r.p.m.|
|Motor rated current (I)||1.011 A|
|Frequency (f)||60 Hz|