- Replacing two progressive cavity pumps operating on produced water service at Apache / Quadrant Energy Devil's Creek gas plant, North Western Australia with centrifugal pumps
- Preventing internal rubber stator to swell and pumps to seize when in standby mode because of aromatic gases in the produced water
- Supplying Sulzer MBN centrifugal pumps with Kalrez O rings for high resistance to aromatic gases, in duplex (41) MOC for produce water and slow speed for 'low shear' operation due to oil in the fluid
- Customer had the options of API 610 BB5 design pump or ISO 5199 design (ring-section)
- Due to application, budget, and short delivery period, the Sulzer MBN pump was selected
The pumps are operating satisfactorily. They are only run about once every three weeks for a shift at the moment until the water rate increases years down the track. Based on this short period of operation, the production team on-site is very happy with the upgrade.
- MBN pumps have reduced maintenance and increased availability
- MBN pumps provide a smaller foot print for maintenance maneuverability
MBN multistage ring section pumpThe MBN pumps are ideal for use in medium-pressure applications. They have a big variety of nozzle position options, thus providing flexibility during installation and simplifying the piping design.
Ring section pumpsSulzer has a long tradition of supplying ring section mid- to high-pressure pumps to all kinds of industrial applications. The M-series is designed in a modular way based on different ranges of pressures for use in a wide range of applications, primarily for pumping clean or slightly polluted liquids.
Sulzer Pumps (US) Inc.
200 SW Market, Suite 400
97201 Portland, Oregon
Phone: +1 503 205 3613