Peter Löscher joined the Sulzer Board of Directors and was appointed Chairman of the Board of Directors in 2014. From 2014 to 2016, he was CEO and Delegate of the Board of Directors of Renova Management AG Switzerland. Previously, he was President and CEO of the German company Siemens AG (2007 to 2013), Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Siemens Stiftung Germany (2008 to 2014) and served as President of Global Human Health and Member of the Executive Board of Merck & Co., Inc., USA (2006 to 2007). From 2004 to 2006, he was CEO of Healthcare Bio-Sciences and Member of the Corporate Executive Council of General Electric in the US. He was COO and Member of the Board of Amersham plc., UK (2002 to 2004). From 1999 to 2002, he acted as Chairman and CEO of Aventis Pharma Ltd in Japan. He held various senior leadership positions with Hoechst Group in Germany, Spain, the US, and the UK (1987 to 1999).
- Member of the Board of Directors, Telefónica, Spain
- Member of the Board of Directors, TBG AG, Switzerland
- Member of the Board of Directors, Doha Ventures LLC, Qatar
- Diploma in economics, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Austria, and Chinese University of Hong Kong, China
- Advanced Management Program, Harvard University, USA
- Honorary Professor at Tongji University Shanghai; Honorary Doctorate of Engineering from Michigan State University; Doctor Honoris Causa of Slovak University of Engineering in Bratislava