Hanne Birgitte Breinbjerg Sørensen joined the Sulzer Board of Directors in 2018. In 2017, she was interim CEO of V.Group Limited, the world largest ship management and marine service company headquartered in London. From 1994 to 2016, she held various positions within the A.P.Moller – Maersk A/S Group in Denmark, a conglomerate of several companies primarily within energy and transportation industry: CEO of Damco, The Netherlands (2014-2016), CEO of Maersk Tankers, Denmark (2012 to 2013), Senior VP and Chief Commercial Officer of Maersk Line, Denmark (2008 to 2012)
- Member of the Board of Tata Motors Ltd., India
- Member of the Board of Delhivery Pvt. Ltd., India
- Member of the Board of Ferrovial S.A., Spain
- Member of the Board of LafargeHolcim Ltd., Switzerland
- Member of the Board of Jaguar Land Rover Automotive PLC, United Kingdom
- MSc in Economics and Management, University of Aarhus, Denmark.