HST™ turbocompressorThe modern and silent HST™ turbocompressor features an advanced design with proven magnetic bearing technology and a high-speed motor driven through a built-in frequency converter.
Sulzer makes aeration history
More efficient aeration at lower cost with HST turbocompressors
In 2001 – when Poland was preparing to join the European Union – the plant needed a modernization for nitrogen removal. Two new nitrification basins were built and equipped with a high-efficient Nopon aeration system with 300 mm disc diffusers. The system installed in 1992 was kept in operation.
In 2014 – when Poland had been a member of the EU for 10 years – the plant was modernized and adapted to new energy savings requirements.
The challenge for Sulzer was to prove that the new products are even better than the reliable and proven components previously used.
Sulzer replaced the old aeration systems of the treatment plant by a proven, longlife, and very efficient aeration system. The old systems were recycled.
I installed the Nopon system in 1992, the new aeration system in 2001, and finally also the new aerators and the Sulzer turbocompressor in 2014. This counts for 25 years of reliable product quality.
manager of the installation company
- The high-efficiency and maintenance-free turbocompressors replaced the old and energy-intensive positive displacement blowers
- Complete aeration package from single supplier
- More efficient aeration at lower cost
- Added value through Sulzer’s experience and knowledge
Wastewater treatment plant with a capacity of approx. 25'000 m3/d based on carbon component treatment in 1992, nitrogen removal in 2001, and today a high-efficient treatment plant with nitrogen and phosphor removal capability.
- Disc diffuser system based on KKI215 fine-bubble installed in 1992.
- Disc diffuser system with PIK300 fine-bubble installed in 2001 and 2014.
- HST™ 20 turbocompressor delivered in 2014