- Optimized labyrinth design for high efficiency and good rotordynamic behavior
- Shaft forged with low Length to Diameter (L/D) ratio for stable operation without critical speed problems and reduced vibration levels
- Radial grooves provide increased radial stiffness, reduced effect on rotor tilting, and good rotor dynamic behavior
- Swirl break at balancing piston to maintain rotor stability even when internal clearances are worn
- Optimized shaft sealing design with jacket cooling and mechanical seal: pre-warming not required
- Main boiler feed in thermal power stations
- Start-up boiler feed in thermal power stations
Main design features
- Double suction first stage available in small sizes
- Impellers are shrunk on, have keys for torque transmission, and use split ring for thrust loading
- The pumps are provided with balance drum with shrunk on thrust collar, and oil press fit to avoid damage during transient conditions
- Four-lobe journal bearing provides high stiffness and damping to minimize shaft movement
- Fully rated double-acting, tilting-pad thrust bearing
- Shrunk on coupling with oil press fit, parallel stepped or taper fit
|Capacities||Up to 1,750 m3/h / 7,700 US gpm|
|Heads||Up to 4,000 m / 13,120 ft|
|Pressures||Up to 430 bar / 6,240 psi|
|Temperatures||Up to 220°C / 430°F|
|Discharge sizes||Up to 300 mm / 12 inches|
Boiler feed water and booster pumpsFeed water pumps (FWP) pump the feed water from the de-aerator through the HP heaters to the boiler. The major characteristic of FWP is their high differential head.
Power plantsSulzer’s extensive product portfolio to maximize the performance and reliability of your solid organic fuel biomass power plant, solid industrial or municipal waste fuel biomass power plant, and liquid or gaseous organic fuel biomass power plant processes.
MD high-pressure stage casing pumpBoth investment costs and lifecycle costs are taken into consideration when designing the optimum possible pump as an optimized hydraulic design guarantees maximum efficiency.