Matthias Bichsel joined the Sulzer Board of Directors in 2014. Currently, he is member of the Board of Directors of Petrofac, UK (since 2015), member of the Board of Directors of South Pole Holding, Switzerland (since 2015), member of the Board of Directors of Canadian Utilities, Canada (since 2014), member of the Advisory Board of Chrysalix EVC, Canada (since 2015), and member of the Advisory Board of Highgate Capital Management LLP, UK (since 2015). From 2009 to 2014, he was member of the Executive Committee of Royal Dutch Shell plc and Director of its Projects and Technology Business, the Netherlands. Previously, during his international career with Shell since 1980, he served in various senior management roles such as Executive Vice President in Exploration and Production, the Netherlands, and CEO/Chairman of Shell International Exploration and Production Inc as well as Managing Director of Shell Deepwater Services, Houston, TX, USA.
- Member of the Board of Directors, Petrofac, UK
- Member of the Advisory Board, Chrysalix EVC, Canada
- Member of the Board of Directors, Canadian Utilities Ltd, Canada
- Member of the Board of Directors, Southpole Holding, Switzerland
- Member of the Advisory Board, Highgate Capital Management, UK
- Ph.D. in Earth Sciences, University of Basel, Switzerland
- Honorary Professor, Chinese University of Petroleum, China