As an independent service provider, Sulzer Turbo Services offers flexible solutions for your planned or unplanned outages.
Typical general services include:
- Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) and dimensional inspection of all steam turbine parts
We completely reassemble the steam turbine following the repair. Specific services include:
- Removal of rotor blades
- Unstacking of built-up rotors
- Repair and/or replacement of all steam turbine components such as blades, vane segments, diaphragms, labyrinth seals, bearings, couplings, trip and throttle components, valve racks, stems, and linkages
Upgrades for better performance
Sulzer Turbo Services can audit the current steam path condition of your equipment. Based on the aduit results, we can provide replacement parts and upgrade the steam turbine for improved reliability and efficiency .We perform complete reverse engineering through modern stationary and portable coordinate measuring machines (CMM) combined with the latest modeling software.
We offer full machine shop capabilities including:
- Advanced rotor restoration welding
- Computer Numerical Control (CNC) and conventional horizontal lathes
- Both horizontal and vertical boring mills
Other specific services for the steam turbine include:
- Coatings applied to steam path components for erosion and corrosion protection
- Stellite shield removal and installation
- Restoration of steam turbine components through a variety of welding/machining and coating techniques
Our staff of certified professional engineers guides the repair process at all times. We perform individual component part balancing and moment weighing/charting prior to full rotor balancing, either at low or full operational speed. We then complete the restoration process in our shop by assembling the rotor and then reassembling the entire machine.
Sulzer Turbo Services also offers field services to return your steam turbines to operation at your plant.
Steam Turbine Animation Sulzer Turbo Services