The Sulzer SMV mixing elements consist of intersecting corrugated plates and channels that encourage rapid mixing in combination with plug flow progression. Any number of additives can be mixed at the same time within the mixing zone.
- High mixing efficiency combined with large turn-down processing capabilities
- Short mixing length
- Low energy requirements
- Zero maintenance
References covering more than thirty five years of equipment supply demonstrate the quality and popularity of the equipment being offered.
- Fast and complete reaction, absorption or extraction due to high mass transfer area
- Constant and reproducible product qualities
- Fast mass transfer due to continuous renewal of the interface surface area
- Minimum space requirement of mixer and disperser
Typical uses for the Sulzer SMV static mixer are applications requiring dispersive mixing or mass transfer in the turbulent flow regime. This occurs typically between immiscible phases where an interfacial tension exists. Examples are oil/water or gas/liquid systems. Higher shear forces are required for this dispersion task.