Electricity for the world
Based on the greatly increasing demand worldwide it is likely that global energy production will double over the next 20 years. The effectiveness of thermal power plants therefore has to increase continuously in order to meet the economic and environmental demands.
Sulzer supplies high-performance pumps for the dependable operation of thermal power plants. The maintenance and repair of turbines and other rotating machinery by Sulzer ensures that stoppages are short and guarantee a long service life. Modern surface coatings permit higher operating temperatures and therefore high efficiency in power production.
Sulzer solutions for the power industry:
- Boiler feed pumps
- Auxiliary pumps
- Condensate extraction and cooling water pumps
- Pumps for removing sulfur compounds from duct exhaust gases
- Protective coatings for turbines and boilers
- Mixers for removing nitrogen oxide from exhaust gases
- Parts and repairs to gas and steam turbines