Extraction from the depths
Using existing sources as efficiently as possible, transporting oil and natural gas over ever-increasing distances and utilizing hard-to-exploit deposits are all key factors to the oil and gas upstream industry.
Sulzer is one of the worldwide leading manufacturers of pumps for the oil production and transportation through pipelines. Sulzer supplies crucial components for the separation of well head products into oil, gas, CO2 and water in offshore and onshore production facilities. Technologies developed by Sulzer for surface coating protect drilling bits, valves and pump components. In addition, Sulzer services compressors as well as gas turbines onsite and in pipelines.
Oil becomes plastics
In refineries, crude oil and natural gas are separated into heating oil, gasoline and other valuable substances. In the petrochemical industry, these oil and gas components are processed into a vast number of chemicals and plastics using many complex processes.
Sulzer supplies refineries and petrochemical plants in the oil and gas downstream industry with pumps and technologies to separate the raw materials into their individual components and aid their further processing. Sulzer also provides comprehensive repair and maintenance of gas and steam turbines, as well as compressors which increase reliability and availability.
Sulzer solutions for the oil and gas industry:
- Pumps used in production and related activities
- Pumps used for transportation
- Pumps for liquid gases
- Pumps for refineries and petrochemical plants
- Maintenance and repair of turbines, compressors and other rotating equipment
- Separation technologies, installation and maintenance of fractionation columns
- Surface coating for drill bits, pump rotors, compressor parts and valves
- Mixing technologies
- Reactor technology, especially for polymerization